ContentsTeen Gym Use
Gym Code of Conduct
Membership Terms & Conditions
1. All teen gym users – under 18 years – must complete a teen gym form, available at reception, signed by a parent/guardian, in the presence of a gym instructor. 2. Applicants must provide appropriate proof of age (Passport or birth cert) 3. Teens must complete a short gym induction with an instructor. This can be booked at reception or by phone. 4. Under 16-year-olds are not allowed to use free weights. 5. The use of the sauna is for over 18-year-olds only. 6. Teen Gym sessions may be restricted during peak times. 7. Under 16 years cannot gain entry after
Code of Conduct
Health and Safety
1. Drinks must be contained in closed vessels – no glass allowed. 2. Chewing gum is not permitted within the gym OR pool area. 3. Alcohol is not permitted on the premises. Anyone suspected of being in a state of inebriation will be prevented from the use of the facilities and asked to leave. 4. Lockers are provided for all personal belongings. Belongings are not permitted to be stored in the gym, fitness studio or pool area. 5. Equipment must not be moved, modified or used in an incorrect manner. 6. Equipment should be replaced after use on storage racks provided. 7. The use of mobile phones for calls or texting is not permitted whilst using the equipment.
Respect For Others
1. Users are asked to bring a towel into the gym. 2. Users must wipe equipment after use with disinfectant spray and towels provided. 3. Users should limit their cardiovascular work to 20 minutes if people are waiting for equipment. 4. Users must not ‘hog’ equipment either when exercising alone or in groups. Equipment should be made available within a reasonable time for any other user. 5. Users should not shout, use foul or abusive language or behave in a threatening or intimidating manner of any description towards any other user, visitor or employee. 6. Lockers provided are for the use of users from the time of entry and all personal belongings must be removed on leaving. Lockers are cleaned at the end of the night any belongings will be taken and placed in the lost and found.
Personal Cleanliness & Attire
1. High standards of personal hygiene must be maintained and users must make every effort to deodorize before using the facilities. 2. Footwear and clothing must be clean and free from odors. 3. Appropriate exercise clothing must be worn when using the gym facilities. No sandals, jeans, or open-toed shoes. Tops must be worn at all times. 4. Users should wear appro- private attire when in the Gym to use the Sauna, Steam Room and Pool e.g. Flip-flops, towel, robe or t-shirt or shorts.
Respect for the Facilities and Service
1. Users should be in possession of their swipe cards at all times. 2. Users should not ‘tailgate’ or hold open the gym doors to allow access to anyone who is not in possession of their ID card. 3. Litter must be placed in bins provided. 4. Users should report any damage or suspected damage to equipment or facilities. 5. Repairs should not be attempted to any facilities, equipment, or property structure. 6. All problems, personal disputes or grievances must be addressed to the Manager in the first instance.
1. All memberships are non-refundable. Memberships may be transferred at the discretion of management and payment of a fee (€15).
2. Splashworld management reserve the right to refuse membership to any individual without cause. References may be required on a case by case basis and Garda checks may also be run on a case by case basis. Failure to pass a Garda check will result in membership termination and the refusal of entry.
3. All times and prices are subject to change.
4. You can freeze your membership for a minimum of one month up to a maximum of twelve months upon production of a medical certificate. Suspension of your membership can only be granted with a prior written request from the member and approval by management. Periods of non-use of the facilities cannot be back-dated under any circumstances. For non-medical related freezes, there is a freeze fee of €10.
5. 12-month couples membership includes 2 children free (pool only) and €150 for every subsequent child or €3 per swim pay-as-you-go.
6. Couples must be over 18 years old.
7. Students must be enrolled in Full-time 3rd Level Education. Valid Student ID with a clear expiry date or issue date plus 4 years is required.
8. Junior Students are 16-18-year-old in Secondary School. 3 Months only. Entry may be restricted.